Thursday 6 January 2011

Here we go ...

Well - after a fantastic Christmas lunch with Team Lifestyle, and probably one (or five) too many beers, I appear to have entered Iron Man Wales! 

For those who don't know what an Iron Man triathlon entails it is: 2.4 miles sea swim, followed by 112 miles of cycling and is topped off with a full 26.2 mile marathon run.  Total race distance 140.6 miles, all within a 17 hour time limit.

The furthest I've raced is a half iron distance of 70.3 miles, and I will freely admit that that was tough.  Still, nothing like a good challenge in life ... apparently.  However, luckily for me, I am about as bloody-minded as it is possible to get - so the thought of a long long looooooong day of racing fills me with a determination to get out there and learn it's arse some respect!

I will regularly post to this blog and would love to get comment and feedback from anyone who reads it - preferably comments of a supportive and constructive nature ... Failing that, really creative and original insults.

No comments:

Post a Comment